Diabetic Clinic Camps :
- Diabetic camps are held periodically for educating diabetic patients.
- Diabetic detection camps are held periodically in the surrounding villages to pick up diabetic patients very early and thereby prevent complications.
- Diabetic counselor visits our diabetic OP and helps in health education of our diabetic patients.
- Diabetic awareness and health education camp for public and diabetic patients are conducted
- Diabetic retinopathy screening camp is being conducted every 3 months in co-ordination with Aravind Eye Hospital. Free treatment & follow up is provided for all the diabetic patients.
- Eye camp with the help of Sankara Eye Hospital, Sivanandhapuram and free IOL cataract surgery are done for the patients. So far, the centre has conducted more than 74 camps and 2283 cataract surgeries have been done.
Women and Childcare Camp :
- Periodic dental check up and treatment is given by the visiting dental surgeon to school children
- Periodical health check-up is done for Selvapuram Primary School children and Tribal School children at Kallar and the children of creche at Selvapuram.Mass deworming is done for all these children periodically. Health education programmes regarding nutrition, personal hygiene, first aid, proper dental care are conducted periodically.
- House to house Peadiatric health camp visits
- The centre conducts house to house survey and ensures that all the children get proper immunization at proper time.
- Tobacco abuse awareness and health education camps for school children and public are being conducted
- Tobacco cessation clinic is conducted every week and counseling is given by the counselor from Coimbatore Cancer Foundation
Community Oncology :
This service is carried out in the surrounding villages. We conduct cancer screening camp for Head & Neck, Breast and Cervix every month in one ward of selected Panchayat. We conduct house to house survey, enumeration, motivation awareness programmes prior to screening camp. Clinical Breast examination, Visual Inspection of the Cervix with Acetic acid (VIA) and Visual Inspection of Cervix with Lugol Iodine (VILI) are carried out by trained staff and doctors and further follow up if needed is done at GKNMH at 1/3rd cost or free of cost.