Facilities available in the Department of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
1. Helps children with
- Thyroid disorders: hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, thyroid nodules, goitre..
- Growth disorders: short stature, tall stature, delay in growth, failure to thrive
- Disorders of puberty: early puberty, delayed puberty, menstrual disorders, polycystic ovarian disease
- Obesity and its associated complications
- Adrenal dysfunction: Addisons disease, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, adrenal tumours
- Disorders of sex development
- Bone issues: vitamin D deficiency rickets, vitamin D resistant rickets, hypophosphatemic rickets, hypoparathyroidism, hyperparathyroidism, osteopetrosis, osteogenesis imperfecta, Camurati Engelmann Disease, hypomagnesemia ..
- Syndromic associations: Turner syndrome, Prader Willi syndrome, Bardet Biedl syndrome, Russel Silver syndrome..
- Others: Hypopituitarism, diabetes insipidus...
2. Neonatal thyroid screening programme for all babies born at GKNM Hospital since 2005
3. Yearly camp for children with diabetes and their families in the month of May at the Cavalier GKD Auditorium, GKNM Hospital.