Dr. RASMIRANJAN PADHI MBBS, MD, PDCC
Interventional Radiology is a branch of Radiology where minimal invasive treatment for various diseases of the body will be offered by using image guidance. Various tubes and wires will be passed into the body through small holes under continuous image monitoring ( X-ray, CT, USG). It is effective, less painful and has less complications. No surgery, No blood loss. Usually the patient can be discharged home next day and return to normal activity.
NEURO - INTERVENTION
- Acute stroke – Mechanical thromboectomy
- Aneurysm coiling
- Arteriovenous malformation / Dural AV fistula / Carotico-cavernous fistula embolisation
- Diagnostic 4 vessel DSA
- Carotid artery stenting.
- Balloon Occlusion test, WADA test
- Inferior petrosal sinus sampling
- Intracranial tumor embolisation
PERIPHERAL VASCULAR INTERVENTION
- Bronchial artery embolisation for hemoptysis
- Embolisation for GI bleed.
- Visceral and peripheral vascular Angioplasty and stenting
- IVC filter placement and retrieval
- Acute thrombolysis for limb ischemia
- Interventional urology
- Treatment of vascular malformation (Sclerotherapy , embolisation)
- Endovascular management of traumatic or postpartum bleed
- Uterine artery embolisation for uterine fibroids / AV malformation
NON VASCULAR INTERVENTION
- Percutaneous nephrostomy / ureteric stenting
- Radiofrequency ablation of osteoid osteoma or liver tumour
- Tracheal , colonic stenting.