6 fully equipped Operation theatres
- 18 bed Post operative care unit with monitoring facility, isolation cubicle and provision for dialysis
- Daycare surgical service
- Trained post operative care Nursing team
Various major and minor surgeries are performed.
- Small bowel and Colonic resections
- Biliary surgery
- Breast surgery
- Perineal and Perianal procedures ,Amputations, SSG, I & D of abscesses etc.,
- Laparoscopic procedures including Appendicectomy, Cholecystectomy, Adhesiolysis and diagnostic procedures are also done
We offer both basic and advanced laparoscopic surgeries here. It is a highly specialized technique for performing surgery of abdomen through small incisions in the abdomen. ( Keyhole Surgery)
Types of laparoscopy Surgery offered here in GKMN are
- Gallbladder removal ( Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy)
- Removal of stones from bile duct. ( Laparoscopic Bile Duct Exploration)
- Groin hernia repair ( Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair )
- Incisional Hernia Repair ( Laparoscopic Incisional Hernia Repair )
- Appendix removal ( Laparoscopic Appendicectomy )
- Duodenal perforation repair ( Laparoscopic Emergency Gastric/Duodenal Ulcer
- perforation Closure )
- Laparoscopic large and small intestine Resection surgery
- Spleen removal ( Laparoscopic Spleenectomy )
- Treatment for Acid Reflux Disease. ( Laparoscopic Hiatus Hernia repair & Fundoplication )
- Laparoscopic Heller's Myotomy.
Benefits of laparoscopic procedures
- Less post operative discomfort
- Quicker recovery times
- Shorter hospital stays
- Earlier return to full activities
- Much smaller scars
- There may be less internal scarring when the procedures are performed in a minimally
- invasive fashion compared to standard open surgery.
Weight loss/Bariatric Surgery
We offer a multi-disciplinary team approach which includes Endocrinologist, Dietician, Surgical Gastro-enterologist, Anaesthetist & Plastic Surgeon.
We offer the following bariatric procedures here at GKNM
- Gastric Sleeve Resection.
- Gastric Roux-en-Y Bypass.
- Gastric Balloon insertion.